Health and Safety policy statement
To ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, the health, safety and welfare of our Employees while they are at work and of others who may be affected by their undertakings, and to comply with all the relevant legislation.
We recognise that safety is the responsibility of everyone and is not just a function of management. Employees will have specific duties and responsibilities to comply with the letter and spirit of the policy. Employees have specific responsibilities to take reasonable care of themselves and others that could be affected by their activities and to co-operate to achieve the standards required.
The Company will in consultation with our Employees and their representatives set out in writing a commitment to ensuring that our Health and Safety policy will be:
- specific to the Company and appropriate to the nature of our activities;
- concise, clearly written, dated and made effective by the signature of the Managing Director;
- communicated and readily accessible to all persons at their place of work;
- reviewed for continuing suitability; and
- made available to relevant external interested parties, as appropriate.
To ensure the principles of health and safety are clearly understood throughout our Company, we will be committed to:
- ensuring that there are arrangements put into place for the effective planning, development and review of this health and safety policy;
- ensuring that appropriate systems are developed and maintained for the effective communication of health and safety matters throughout the Company;
- protecting the safety and health of all Employees within the Company by preventing work-related injuries, ill health, disease and incidents;
- complying with relevant health and safety laws and regulations, voluntary programmes, collective agreements on health and safety and other requirements to which the Company subscribes;
- ensuring that Employees and their representatives are consulted and encouraged to participate actively in all elements of the Health and Safety Management System;
- continually improving the performance of the Health and Safety Management System;
- provide the necessary information, instruction and training to Employees and others, including temporary Employees to ensure their competence with respect to health and safety;
- devote the necessary resources in the form of finance, equipment, personnel and time to ensure the health and safety of Employees. Expert help will be sought where the necessary skills are not available within the Company;
- liaise and work with all necessary persons to ensure health and safety, and will also ensure that adequate arrangements are also in place for ensuring the health and safety of visitors.