Alcohol & Drugs Policy
Alcohol and drugs policy statement
Our Company endeavours to ensure that employee’s use of either alcohol or drugs does not impair the safe and efficient running of the organisation or the health of its employees.
With respect to the safety of all persons working on site and to maintain the high standards of behaviour required by this company and its clients, employees are requested to observe the following:
- Avoid drinking alcohol during the eight hours before going on duty.
- Avoid drinking alcohol during meal breaks.
- Avoid drinking alcohol during any period when you may be ‘on call’ e.g. relief for rail possession work.
- Avoid using illegal drugs.
- Avoid working if taking prescribed drugs, which affect your well being (normally advised by medical practitioner).
If you have any doubts as to your fitness for work due to the influence of alcohol or drugs DO NOT COME TO